Your Girl Scout year just got easier.
As a Girl Scout Volunteer, you already know that your girls love Girl Scouts for the friends, the fun, and all the new things they get to try.
But what if there was a way to run your Troop in a way that saves YOU time and helps YOU plan so that YOU can spend more time with the girls? Meet the Volunteer Toolkit, the digital planning tool that makes it easy for you to get the most out of every Troop meeting.
And here’s the best part— it’s accessible from your home computer, tablet, or mobile device—placing everything you need in one easy-to-access place that’s accessible on the go.
The Volunteer Toolkit (VTK) is a digital resource that supports Troop leaders and co-leaders, making the process of running a Troop easier and more efficient. Check out some of the toolkit’s top features below. Then watch the video playlist above for a detailed walk-through.
Through the VTK, Troop leaders can:
- Plan the Troop’s calendar year
- Email parents with one click.
- View the Troop roster, renew girls’ membership, and update their contact information.
- View Daisy, Brownie, and Junior Journeys and badges to plan for Troop meetings. There are three prepopulated year plans in the VTK for Daisy, Brownie, and Junior leaders, with 15 meetings each.
- Customize meetings by Troop year with other badge and Journey options.
- NEW! Access the VTK as a multilevel Troop (Troops with a mix of girls in Daisy, Brownie, and Junior levels).
- Explore individual meeting plans that show a breakdown of every meeting, including a list of the materials needed, and editable time allotments for each activity within a meeting.
- Record girls’ attendance at meetings and their badge and Journey achievements.
- Add council or custom Troop events to the troop’s calendar.
- Enter the Troop’s finances.
- Easily locate resources, such as Safety Activity Checkpoints.
- NEW! Access 18 activities that now include a “Get Outside” option, which provides alternative outdoor options.
What About Parents?
- Parents can now access the VTK to see what their girl’s Troop or group is doing (e.g, meeting information and which badges and Journeys she is working on).
- Parents can also view the Troop’s finances.
View our VTK Tip Sheet for Volunteers.
Why can’t I view the Volunteer Toolkit?
Where do I register for events?