When you participate in the Mags&Munchies program, you're doing more than just helping your customers stock up on delicious treats (and having lots of fun), you're doing it with a goal in mind. Whether that goal is going ice skating, doing a community project, camping for the first time, or that trip to Texas your Troop has been working towards, you and your Troop know how much product you need to sell to make it happen.
But did you know that you're also part of a business, one that's run by girls just like you all over the country? Even cooler: The Mags&Munchies program teaches you skills essential for success both now and later:
- Goal Setting
- Decision Making
- Money Management
- People Skills
- Business Ethics
How do I get started in the Program?
Your Troop Leader or Mags&Munchies Troop Manager will be handing out the girl envelopes and permission slips in September or early October.
Getting Started Online is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
1. Register for an Online Account - GSNC is using a new online system this year called M2. Beginning October 2 you can create an online account in the M2 system. To do so, you can register through this online page.
2. Customize Your Own Avatar - You can build an avatar to look just like you in the new M2 system. You can pick everything from your hairstyle to the clothes your avatar wears. You can even record a special voice message!
3. Spread the word - You can send personalized emails through
M2their QSP account to invite friends and family to shop in your
online store. Would you like to reach more people than just your email
contacts? Promote your store link through a parent’s Facebook and
*Internet safety is important. Adult supervision is required for all
online activities, per Girl Scouts' Safety Activity Checkpoints.
What products are sold through the Mags&Munchies program?
Family and friends can order chocolates, nuts, snacks, and magazines, from you to help your Troop earn money for Troop trips and activities.
If you have customers that do not wish to purchase the unique
variety of items available, they also have the option of making a
donation to one of our community service programs: Operation: Stop
Hunger on Long Island and Hometown Heroes.
Are there rewards that I can earn through the Mags&Munchies Program?
Earning rewards is all about goal setting! The 2020 Mags&Munchies Program Rewards include adventures, exciting items, and fun and customizable patches to help you set a goal.
First, check out this year’s cool rewards. Is there a reward that looks totally awesome? Write it down. How many nuts/snacks or magazines will it take to earn that reward? Write that down too. Now, talk to your parents/guardian and troop Leader about your goal. Final step… work towards achieving your goal.
Resources that can help you reach your goals.
Parent Permission Form - In order for girls to participate in the 2020 Mags&Munchies program, the Parent Permission form must be signed by a parent or guardian and given to the Troop Leader or Mags&Munchies Troop Manager.
Customizable M2 Website – Be sure to set up your unique avatar and give people the link to your M2 website so they can support your business. Looking for other items that will help you reach your Mags&Muchies goal, visit GSNC’s Online Community (OLC).
How can I safely sell Mags&Munchies products?
- Follow COVID-19 saftey protocols – Be sure to practice social distancing when selling in person. Wear masks when talking to others. Wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds regularly.
- Show your Girl Scout Spirit - Show off your Girl Scout vest or sash when selling Mags&Munchies… not only does this tell your buyer you are actually a Girl Scout, but it shows them all the activities you've done. They may be so impress they'll buy even more Mags&Munchies from you.
- Buddy Up - Just like in your Troop meeting, always bring a buddy! It's not just safe, it's more fun.
- Partner with Adults - Adults must be present when girls are taking orders, selling or delivering product.
- Be safe when walking your neighborhood by planning ahead - Map out what houses on the block you plan on visiting and avoid walking around with large amounts of money. Only bring enough cash to give change to customers. Hand in the money you’ve collected to the Troop Mags&Munchies Manager as soon as possible.
Do Not Enter - Never enter the home or vehicle of a person
when you are selling or making deliveries.