When you participate in the Mags&Munchies program, you're doing more than just helping your customers stock up on delicious treats (and having lots of fun), you're doing it with a goal in mind. Whether that goal is going ice skating, doing a community project, camping for the first time, or that trip to Texas your Troop has been working towards, you and your Troop know how much product you need to sell to make it happen.
But did you know that you're also part of a business, one that's run by girls just like you all over the country? Even cooler: The Mags&Munchies program teaches you skills essential for success both now and later:
- Goal Setting
- Decision Making
- Money Management
- People Skills
- Business Ethics
How do I get started in the Program?
Your Troop Leader or Mags&Munchies Troop Manager will be handing out the girl envelopes and permission slips in September or early October.
Getting Started Online is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
1. Register for an Online Account - If you have participated in the program before, use your previous login. For new users be sure to take note of your Girl Scout Online ID# when signing up.
2. Customize Your Online Store - You can dazzle your "My Creation" icon with fun backgrounds and accessories, then add goals and a message to your welcome page so customers can understand why they are supporting you, and upload a photo or video to make it all your own.
3. Spread the word - You can send personalized emails through
their QSP account to invite friends and family to shop in your online
store. Would you like to reach more people than just your email
contacts? Promote your store link through a parent’s Facebook and
Twitter accounts. You can also have a text message with your link send
to your parent/guardian, which can then be forwarded to friends and
*Internet safety is important. Adult supervision is required for all
online activities, per Girl Scouts' Safety Activity Checkpoints.
What products are sold through the Mags&Munchies program?
Family and friends can order chocolates, nuts, snacks, magazines, candles, water bottles, tumblers and greetomg card sets from you to help your Troop earn money for Troop trips and activities.
If you have customers that do not wish to purchase the unique
variety of items available, they also have the option of making a
donation to one of our community service programs: Operation: Stop
Hunger on Long Island and Project Thank You!
Are there rewards that I can earn through the Mags&Munchies Program?
Earning rewards is all about goal setting! The 2019 Mags&Munchies Program Rewards include adventures, trips, exciting items, and fun patches to help you set a goal.
First, check out this year’s cool rewards. Is there a reward that looks totally awesome? Write it down. How many nuts/snacks or mags and more will it take to earn that reward? Write that down too. Now, talk to your parents/guardian and Troop Leader about your goal. Final step… work towards achieving your goal.
Resources that can help you reach your goals.
Parent Permission Form - In order for girls to participate in the 2019 Mags&Munchies program, the Parent Permission form must be signed by a parent or guardian and given to the Troop Leader or Mags&Munchies Troop Manager.
Girl Business Card - TOP SELLER TIP: Give people your business card and ask them to visit your online store to support your business. Make sure to write in your name, troop number, and Online QSP ID Number.
Looking for other items that will help you reach your
Mags&Muchies goal, visit GSNC’s Online Community (OLC).
How can I safely sell Mags&Munchies products?
- Show your Girl Scout Spirit - Show off your Girl Scout vest or sash when selling Mags&Munchies… not only does this tell your buyer you are actually a Girl Scout, but it shows them all the activities you've done. They may be so impress they'll buy even more Mags&Munchies from you.
- Buddy Up - Just like in your Troop meeting, always bring a buddy! It's not just safe, it's more fun.
- Partner with Adults - Adults must be present when girls are taking orders, selling or delivering product.
- Be safe when walking your neighborhood by planning ahead - Map out what houses on the block you plan on visiting and avoid walking around with large amounts of money. Only bring enough cash to give change to customers. Hand in the money you’ve collected to the Troop Mags&Munchies Manager as soon as possible.
Do Not Enter - Never enter the home or vehicle of a person
when you are selling or making deliveries.
Mags&Munchies Program: Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I get the Mags&Munchies Program materials?
Does Mags&Munchies accept coupons?
Are checks acceptable payments?
Does the customer get a receipt?
When do we collect the payment for magazine, nuts and chocolate?
What if my Friends and Family Don’t Want to Purchase Mags&Munchies for Themselves?
How do I earn a Share Patch?
Who do I call if I have a question?