Are you a new Volunteer that will be helping us at a Girl Scout event? Do you plan to be Cookie Manager, a Troop Leader or will you volunteer your time to help with a Girl Scout series? As Girl Scouts of Nassau County volunteer, we want to help you be prepared to work with girls, keep them safe and lead them to Discover, Connect and Take Action to make the world a better place!
There are two required trainings for all new Girl Scout Volunteers:
1. Welcome to Girl Scouts of Nassau County - this online course gives you an overview of our organization, the history, governance process and resources available to you.
2. Girl Scouting 101 is a Girl Scouts of the USA course. It is a 45 minute self-paced online orientation to Girl Scouting. This course will give you all the basics about Girl Scouting including; different ways to participate as a volunteer, what Girl Scouts do, Safety Standards, Girl Scout Cookie program, and more! To get started simply click on this link and remember to enter Nassau County as your Girl Scout Council when prompted!
Girl Scouts of Nassau County (GSNC) also offers optional trainings for Girl Scout Volunteers:
1. Getting Started With Your Troop. Are You a New Leader that could use some help getting your Troop started? Have questions about opening a bank account, getting the parents involved and what to charge for dues?
Come to a two hour workshop by registering for one of the dates below!
All workshops are from 7:00pm - 9:00pm here at the Girl Scouts of Nassau County Service Center
Thursday, June 6, 2013 - Register Online
Tuesday, July 9, 2013 - Register Online
Monday, July 22, 2013 - Register Online
Thursday, August 8, 2013 - Register Online
Monday, August 19, 2013 - Register Online
Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - Register Online
Thursday, September 26, 2013 - Register Online
Tuesday, October 8, 2013 - Register Online
2. Volunteering for Girl Scout Series and Events. Orientation for short term series and event volunteers called Volunteering for Girl Scout Series and Events is now available!
3. Other resources that might be helpful to you include:
The following course is optional but highly recommended for all new Daisy, Brownie & Junior Leaders and those bridging up to the next level.
1. Quick Start for Daisy, Brownie, and Junior Leaders Girl Scouts of the USA has developed "10 Essential Elements" for creating a high quality and fun-filled experience for girls in Troops. This link brings Leaders to a toolkit of resources that will guide you along the Girl Scout Leadership Experience!!
2. Planning a Trip? Plan your trip using "GSUSA's Safety Activity Checkpoints". The checkpoints will help you and your Troop members plan your adventures! Just click on the link and go directly to the activity that you are planning!
One additional and very useful resource for all volunteers working with girls is Volunteer Essentials. This resource reviews important topics related to safety, managing money, planning trips and working with girls of all ages.