She THRIVES: Building Positive Mental Health Practices (Virtual)
Girl Scouts of Nassau County has partnered with the Girl Scouts' NY State Training Cohort and The Thinkers to bring both girls and adults workshops to help emphasize a focus on the importance of self-care! These workshops provide female identifying teens with social and emotional skills through interactive programs, mentorship, and community. Vetted facilitators from Google, NASA, Emmy Award Winners, New York University, and Georgetown University will deliver 3 sessions to participants.
Registration will close on Thursday, April 15 at Noon.
The Thinkers provides female identifying teens with the tools to uncover their infinite potential, develop self-awareness, and think critically and independently. Their carefully vetted facilitators are mentors and real-world professionals!
Daily Self-Care Practices for Positive, Inner Growth
Our mind and body are connected and each directly impacts the other! Through this session you will:
- Activate your inner power through developing a deeper understanding of how your mental and physical wellness can be impacted by what you consume - whether it be through food, thoughts, movement, sleep, and additional lifestyle practices.
- We'll break out into small group discussions, do reflective exercises, and you'll leave the session with information you can begin implementing this self-care into your life right away!
Be Mindful: Tips to Prevent and Manage Anxiety & Stress
Have you ever wondered what creates stress and how it impacts your body and mind? In this session:
- We'll breakdown why and how stress and anxiety exists and what you can do about it
- Tools and practices you can adopt to bring joy into your life during tough times, prevent stress and anxiety
- Tools you can adopt to manage each time you feel anxious or stressed.
Build Healthy and Authentic Friendships & Relationships
In this session we'll be sharing what characteristics define a true, healthy relationship. We'll also discuss:
- How having compassion for oneself plays a large role in creating healthy relationships with those near and far.
- How to navigate tough situations and conversations which might feel toxic or unhealthy in friendships or relationships.
- By the end of the session you will have had conversations in small discussion groups, experience reflection, and walk away with communication tools and actionable steps to implement in
your life right away.
You will receive an email reminder with the Zoom Meeting ID and Password prior to this Virtual Program.
Adults supervision is not needed during the workshops. Girl Scout adult-to-girl ratios will be followed. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Care at email@example.com.