Appreciating You: A Day to Recharge + Renew (Virtual)
Girl Scouts of Nassau County has partnered with the Girl Scouts' NY State Training Cohort and The Thinkers to bring both girls and adults workshops to help emphasize a focus on the importance of self-care! These workshops will provide you with tools to beat burnout, support youth and their mental health, and build positive relationships.Vetted facilitators from Google, NASA, Emmy Award Winners, New York University, and Georgetown University will deliver 3 sessions to participants.
The Thinkers provides female identifying teens with the tools to uncover their infinite potential, develop self-awareness, and think critically and independently. Their carefully vetted facilitators are mentors and real-world professionals!
Deadline to register is Thursday, May 13 at 5:00pm.
Beat Burn-Out When Caretaking & Supporting Others
You're probably working hard every. Single. Day. Day in and day out - someone and/or something demands your attention. Sometimes you might even get caught up in tasks and caretaking without realizing you haven't had time to take care of yourself.
In this session we are going to talk about two areas, Burn-out and caretaking:
- Burn-out: Discuss and reflect on the different stages of burn-out, Methods to prevent and manage burn-out, Ways you can become aware of each stage as burn-out is happening to you
- Caretaking: Discuss daily practices to cultivate for yourself as you support others,
This session includes reflective exercises, small group interactions, and action packed resources.
Supporting Youth Through Mental Health Challenges
There are many factors that can contribute to mental health challenges in youth. As an adult in a youth's life, many of these might feel or even be out of your control. In this session, we'll:
- Share ways to create safety zones when supporting youth and the ways in which you can structure difficult conversations
- Discuss how you can: Create boundaries, When to know if a youth needs to seek out professional support and how to make that happen
This session will guide you through various scenarios, include small group discussions and leave you with resources to bring into your work with youth
Building Strong Bonds with Youth: How to build positive relationships and cultivate positive attention with youth
What is positive attention and what are the key ingredients to cultivating it with youth? In this session we'll:
- Discuss positive attention
- Methods to creating positive bonds between adults and youth as well as between youth themselves
- Learn new practices
- Have the opportunity to exchange what has and has not worked for them in discussion groups
You will receive an email reminder with the Zoom Meeting ID and Password prior to this Virtual Program. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Care at firstname.lastname@example.org.