Girl Scout Volunteers Help Girl Scouts in Mags&Munchies Fall Products Program
Girl Scouts of Nassau County (GSNC) wants to provide its volunteers with the resources necessary to help Girl Scouts achieve their Mags&Munchies Fall Products Program Goals.
New Theme for 2013, Be Your Best You, Grow!
Help your girls earn all ten patches this year and don't forget about the Rally patch.
Join us on September 28th for this year's Bowling Bash Rally!
Mags and Munchies Fall Products 2013 Program Overview
Information on the new 2013 Program is coming. Check back during the Summer for more details.
Magazine Catalog Program
The 2013 Magazine Catalog Program video is in development and will be available during the Summer.
Online Magazine Training
Did you know a Girl Scout can set up her own website and create a personalized landing page to help her sell Magazines in the GSNC Mags&Munchies Program. The Online Magazine Training video provides tools and tips including how to register your Girl Scout in the Online Magazine Program.
Click to view the Mags&Munchies Online Magazine Training video. (approximately 8 1/2 minutes)
Nut and Snack Program
One component of the Mags&Munchies Program is sales of 15 different, superior quality, reasonably priced nut, chocolate and snack items from Ashdon Farms. Find out how to donate to two designated community service programs. Click to view Nut and Snack Program training video. (approximately 4 minutes)
Step 2 Address Book Program
An easy way to participate in the Mags&Munchies Program is to fill out the Step 2 Address Booklet that is inside each girl’s envelope. The booklet contains 11 postcards that can be mailed to out-of-town friends and relatives. Each person will receive only one mailing about the magazine subscription program. Click to view Step 2 Address Book Program Fall Products training video. (approximately 3 minutes)
Ashdon Farms Nute System Overview
In addition to your Troop Manager manual, this video will provide you with all the information that you need to submit girl orders into the Ashdon Farms Nute computer system. The system is easy to use and prompts you for most information.
Click to view Ashdon Farms Nute System Overview training video. (approximately 5 1/2 minutes)
If your Troop participates in the girl rewards (prize incentives), your Troop proceeds will be:
* 10% on QSP Magazine subscriptions and renewals (catalog or online) ordered by November 1, 2012.
* 10% on Ashdon Farms Nut and Snack Items
* $2.00 for a completed Step 2 Address Booklet (10 of 11 postcards filled out correctly)
* Patches for each Girl Scout Participant
If your Troop (Junior level +) votes to take extra money instead of the girl rewards, your Troop proceeds will be:
* 15% on QSP Magazine subscriptions and renewals (catalog or online)
* 15% on Ashdon Farms Nut and Snack Items
* $2.00 for each completed Step 2 Address Booklet (10 of 11 postcards filled out correctly)
* Patches for each Girl Scout Participant
Troops earn 15% on all Booth Sales! (Note: Booth Sale quantities do not count towards the totals for girl rewards.)
It's Easy to Earn Start-Up Funds for your Troop!
A Troop of 10 girls can easily earn $98 or $137 back in Troop proceeds.
* Sell 3 magazine subscriptions (average magazine subscription is $20)
* Sell 3 nut/snack items (average nut or snack item is $6.00)
* Fill out 1 Step 2 Address Booklet ($2.00)
10% in Troop proceeds would equal $98
15% in Troop proceeds would equal $137
My Troop is Interested in Having a Booth Sale!
Booth Sales can start as early as September!
Interested in having a booth sale with your Troop for your Fall Products Sales, it can be as easy as contacting your local supermarket, recreation facility or other business in your community and asking about setting up a Troop Booth Sale Table.
Once you have a location secured, contact Sonia Oxford at 516.741.2550 ext 230 and she can guide you in how to obtain your nut/snack items.
After your Booth Sale Location is Set:
* Simply pick up your nut/snack items at the GSNC Service Center (see Sonia Oxford)
* You can take out as few or as many pieces as you'd like, however there are NO RETURNS of product.
* After your sale, take your 15% proceeds before you make the bank deposit.
* REMEMBER to double check the GSUSA Safety Checkpoints for Product Sales.
* Here's a good idea, hold a booth sale at one of the many outdoor fairs Outdoor Fair Opportunities
The Be a Reader Program is designed to engage girls in learning and earning activities which focus on goal setting, money management and entrepreneurship that tie in with the Mags&Munchies theme.
The Be a Reader Program is online this year at www.whatcanagirldo.com. In addition to the QSP Be a Reader you'll also find the Ashdon Farms Nut Factory activities. Both sites offer fun, age appropriate, educational games and other interactive activities for Girl Scouts at all levels.