Welcome to the 2014 Mags&Munchies Fall Products Entrepreneurial Program!
Why Participate in the Mags&Munchies Fall Products Program?
Through Girl Scouts of Nassau County's (GSNC) Mags&Munchies Fall Products Program, Girl Scouts begin to develop life skills which they can use in the years to come. Girls who learn goal setting, decision making, money management, people skills, and business ethics will be poised for success in their personal and professional life.
* Goal Setting - Girls learn how to set goals and meet deadlines.
* Decision Making - Girl Scouting teaches girls how to use research to develop a plan and work as a team.
* Money Management - Girls learn to make change, plan and budget their funds.
* People Skills - Girls gain confidence learning how to deal with different types of people.
* Business Ethics - Girl Scouting teaches girls to be honest, trustworthy and reliable.
By participating in Girl Scouts of Nassau County's (GSNC) Mags&Munchies Fall Products Program, Your Girl Scout will learn how set goals and strive to achieve them through solid decision making, money management, people skills and good business ethics.
When your Girl Scout has learned these skills she'll be ready for success in her school, career
and life. When employers interview job candidates (including part time, after school jobs) they
all look for the same things. They want someone who...
...is honest, trustworthy and reliable.
... works well with others.
...can set goals and meet deadlines.
...understands customers and can deliver good customer service.
...can influence others (leadership qualities).
Online program opens on August 15
Troops can earn funds early in the Troop Year and girls can earn patches and great rewards through Mags&Munchies….and Memories - GSNC’s Fall Products Entrepreneurial Program. Girls will learn goal setting, decision making and other leadership skills when they set up their own online webpage and tell friends and family about their Girl Scout plans for the year. It’s easy, it’s green and customers pay for nuts, snacks, magazine subscriptions and photo keepsakes by credit card. No money to collect and no product to deliver!
1. Fill out the parent permission slip you’ll get from your Troop Mags&Munchies Manager, then go to http://girlscouts.qspgao.com/gsnc and click the “New Registration” button (or “Already registered” if you want to use the emails you entered from last year’s program.)
2. Register with your child, who should complete the learning activity then enter emails of family and friends. (Girls will receive a patch for entering just 12 email addresses. And, if they enter 25 emails, they’ll also receive a coupon for a parent/child Girl Scout fitness activity.)
3. Submit your child’s “Online Order Report” to your Troop Mags&Munchies Manager no later than October 30. The report can be found at http://girlscouts/qspgao.com/gsnc. To find the report, Log in and click on “Track your Sales". Print or download a copy for your Troop Manager.
Support Your Girl Scout
There's Fun in Learning
Visit whatcanagirldo.com to enjoy the "Making Sense out of Cents" online game as well as the other fun and educational activities.
Safety Tips for Selling Mags&Munchies
Show you're a Girl Scout - wear your uniform, membership in and/or Girl Scout clothing
Buddy up - use the buddy system at all times. It's not just safe, it's more fun.
Partner with adults - Adults must be present when girls are taking orders, selling or delivering product.
Plan ahead - avoid walking around with large amounts of money or keeping it at home or school. Hand it in to the Troop Manager as soon as possible.
Do not enter - Never enter the home or vehicle of a person when you are selling or making deliveries.
Be safe on the streets - follow safe street pedestrian practices.
Be Net wise - take the GSUSA Internet Safety Pledge before going online. Girl Scouts cannot collect money online.
Where does the money from the Mags&Munchies Fall Products Program go?
* Proceeds generated from Mags&Munchies activities help to support Girl Scouting in Nassau County.
* 10%-15% goes to your child's Troop
* 45% goes to our Council to help develop even more girl programming
* Girls receive patches and rewards (prize incentives)
* New for this year, Associations can earn $.05 per item sold (additional criteria apply)
Where do I get the Mags&Munchies (Fall Products) Program materials?
Your Troop Leader or Mags&Munchies Troop Manager will be handing out the girl envelopes and
permission slips in September or early October.
When are the orders due?
Online order taking begins 8/15 and ends on 10/29
In-person order taking begins 9/29 and ends on 10/29
I don't want to sell anything, how else can our family participate?
Mags&Munchies Resources and Documents Library
For any questions you may have, please view the Fall Products FAQ page or contact your Association's Fall Products chair. If you still need assistance, you may contact Fran McAllister or Sonia Oxford here at the Council Service Center.