Other Places to Go Offered by Our Program Partners
Is your Girl Scout Troop looking for a program other than what is offered by GSNC? Program Partners offer other places for your Girl Scout Troop visit, while providing an experience that aligns with the Girl Scout program.
GSNC’s vetted and approved Program Partners develop and facilitate quality programs to empower young girls to explore their interests, and acquire new knowledge and skills. Programs are aligned with Girl Scout badges, awards and patches; fulfilling many if not all requirements.
The Program Partners listed below have successfully completed our vetting process and now provide Girl Scout approved programs. For more information, please view Possibilities.
For some it’s the first time walking on a nature trail. For others, it’s a relief to be outside after a day in a classroom or office. Either way, people come to Bailey Arboretum and enjoy walking the trails, playing in the Children’s Habitat or listening to the sounds of nature by our ponds and in the woods. Each season presents new opportunities to explore nature as birds migrate, turtles bask on logs and plants bloom.
- Letterboxer (Brownie Letterboxer Badge)
- Outdoor Adventure (Brownie Outdoor Adventure Badge)
- Outdoor Art Explorer (Junior Outdoor Art Explorer Badge)
- Playing the Past (Junior Playing the Past Badge)
- Tree, Trees—Amazing Trees (Cadette Tree Badge)
To Schedule a program: Contact Pat Paluszek at email@example.com or call 516.801.1458
Benihana (Manhasset and Westbury Locations)
- Kabuki Sushi Class at Benihana (Taste Budd Patch for Daisy, Brownie, Junior and Cadette Girl Scouts)
To schedule a program: Contact Brian Chodash at bchodash@Benihana.com or call 718.510.6119 two weeks in advance.
Learn correct archery form, terminology and the 12 step shot sequence at this family owned and operated archery range.
- Bullseye! (Cadette Archery Badge)
To schedule a program, contact C&B Archery’s Manager, Anthony Agnese to register at 516.933.2697 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cohen’s Children’s Medical Center
Develop the skill needed to become a responsible babysitter. Pediatric nurses will teach students infant care, how to react to emergencies, basic child development and first aid during this interactive course.
- Be a Kidwatcher (Cadette Babysitter and First Aid Badges)
To Register: Call Debbie Riccardi at 718.470.3352 or email Driccardi@northwell.edu
Clinique at Lord & Taylor Manhasset
Develop an easy, effective skin care routine; then learn from Clinique experts how to apply makeup that accentuates your beautiful features.
- How to with Clinique Makeup!
To Register: Contact Christine_Lombardo@lordandtaylor.com or call 516.627.3000 ext. 528
Cradle of Aviation Museum
Travel through 100 years of aerospace from hot air balloons to an actual Lunar Module; using interactive exhibits to learn so much more!
- Using Resources Wisely (Daisy Use Resources Wisely Petal)
- The Inventor (Brownie Inventor Badge)
- Home Scientist (Brownie Home Scientist Badge)
- Wonders of Water: The Journey Starts Here
- Get Moving: The Journey Starts Here (Junior Energize and Investigate Get Moving Journey Awards)
- The Detective (Junior Detective Badge)
- Entertainment Technology & Me (Junior Entertainment Technology Badge)
- Night Owl (Cadette Night Owl Badge)
To schedule a program, contact the Museum’s Reservations Desk at 516.572.4066.
Craftree offers classes and workshops for children and adults to create, sew, craft, imagine, build & dream. Join us as we provide a unique and welcoming environment for growing minds to explore their creativity and discover the lifelong gift of "making."
- My Family Tree (Brownie My Family Story Badge)
- From Necessity to Hobby (Junior Playing the Past Badge)
To Schedule a Program: Contact Jennifer or Kelly at email@example.com or call 631.268.4072
Emerge Yoga & Wellness
In this safe space for self-discovery & expression, access your hidden potentials as you swing, stretch, spin and strengthen core muscles doing antigravity yoga in a thematic hammock. Take a proactive role in your own growth & evolution, embarking on a journey to create an inspired life!
- Flying Fitness (Brownie My Best Self Badge, Junior Staying Fit Badge)
To schedule a program, contact Stefani Gallagher at Emerge Yoga at 516.781.1078 or Stefani@EmergeYW.com.
Eglevsky Ballet Performance of the Nutcracker
Correction to Possibilities: Tickets for the Eglevsky Ballet Performance of the Nutcracker go on sale as of Oct 1, 2017. Tickets can be purchased though the Tilles Center at http://tillescenter.org/ or 516.299.3100.
Explore diversity through dining at this Cuban style restaurant that challenges the senses with creative cooking techniques.
- Earn Your Taste Buds Patch (Taste Buds Patch Program)
To schedule a program, contact Crystal Davis, Havana Central Events Manager at 516.739.7900 or CDavis@havanacentral.com.
Hotel Indigo East End
- Sister Girl Scout Slumber Party for Daisies and Brownies (January 13 to January 14, 2017)
- Sister Girl Scout Slumber and Spa Party for Juniors (January 14 to January 15, 2017)
To Register: Call Hotel Indigo at 631.369.2200 ext.0
Learn the skills of the sport of rock climbing in a controlled environment. Harness your courage, confidence and character to test your endurance and challenge yourself to reach greater heights!
- Rock Climbing for Beginners (Brownie, Junior, Cadette, Senior and Ambassador Fun Patch)
- Senior Adventurer Badge at Island Rock (Senior Adventurer Badge)
To schedule a program, call 516.822.ROCK or email Mark@IslandRock.net
Long Island Academy of Fine Arts
LIAFA is Long Island’s premier art school, with art classes for kids (3rd through 7th grade), teens (portfolio preparation), and adults of all levels and abilities. We offer training in the methods and techniques of classical representational art. Our primary goals are to train the student’s eye to see accurately and with sensitivity, and to foster an environment in which students can grow in their understanding of art as well as in skill and confidence.
- Exploring Ceramics for Junior and Cadette Girl Scouts
- Fundamentals of Drawing (Junior Drawing Badge)
- Mask Making and Design Workshop for Junior and Cadette Girl Scouts
- Painting the Landscape: Fundaments of Painting Workshop for Junior and Cadette Girl Scouts
- Paper Arts: Sculpting with Two Dimensions for Junior and Cadette Girl Scouts
To schedule a program: Visit www.liafa.com/girlscouts.
Long Island Children’s Museum
Earn Petals and Badges by completing hands-on activities with playful and purposeful instructors at the Long Island Children’s Museum.
- Happy as a Clam: The Musical Live at LICM’s Theatre for Daisy, Brownie and Junior Girl Scouts
- LICM’s Tour-It-Yourself Plan for Daisy, Brownie and Junior Girl Scouts
- Spend the Night in the Great Indoors at LICM for Daisy, Brownie and Junior Girl Scouts
- Guided Tour for Daisy, Brownie and Junior Girl Scouts
- In the Painter’s Studio (Brownie Paint Badge)
- Kitchen Chemistry (Brownie Home Scientist Badge)
- Sense-sational (Brownie Senses Badge)
- What’s Bugging You? (Brownie Bugs Badge)
- CSI: LICM (Junior Detective Badge)
- It’s a Draw! (Junior Drawing Badge)
Lord & Taylor Manhasset
Calling all fashionistas. Join the staff of Lord and Taylor Manhasset to learn the latest fashion trends, merchandising and retail management.
- Career Exploration: Retail Management in the Fashion Industry for Senior and Ambassador Girl Scouts. Saturday, September 23, 2017 9:00am -2:00pm
Microsoft Store, Roosevelt Field
Use the latest apps and Microsoft devices to compete and complete challenges!
- Computer Expert Badge Program
- Digital Photographer Badge Program
- Public Speaking at Microsoft (Cadette Public Speaking Badge)
To schedule a program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
North Shore Historical Society
Play the roles of attorneys and witnesses in a customized fictional scripted mock trial at the North Shore Historical Museum. Girls will learn about the law, the legal system and the power of honed public speaking skills in this historic setting. Participants experience first-hand the difficulties that judges, lawyers and juries face in determining which facts are relevant and what legal arguments are effective. Judicial experts will assist the girls with trial and jury deliberation.
- ORDER IN THE COURT: A Mock Trial Program ( Junior Inside Government and Cadette Finding Common Ground)
$10 per registered Girl Scout (14 minimum to book); 1 Leader free per 5 Girls Scouts; Additional adults and Tag-Alongs will be charged museum admission fee.
Trials are 1 ½ hour and include tour of building and current exhibit. Please call for availability: afternoons, nights and weekends possible. Building is handicap accessible.
To Schedule a Program: Contact Amy Driscoll at 516.801.1191 or email@example.com
Northwell’s Center for Wellness and Integrative Medicine
Exercise routines come and go, but yoga endures the test of time. Learn the benefits of yoga in a parent/daughter combined practice that will gradually increase the level of difficulty at your own pace each week.
- Yoga: “The Prize is in the Process”
To Register: http://practicebodymindsoul.com/
Old Westbury Gardens
Old Westbury Gardens seeks to inspire appreciation and knowledge of the best qualities exemplified in the American country estate of the early 20th century through faithful preservation of its landscape and gardens, architecture and collections.
- Daisy’s Flower Garden: The Journey Starts Here (Daisy Flower Garden)
- A Bug’s Life Garden Tour (Brownie Bugs Badge)
- Family Stories: Yours, Mine and Ours House Tour (Brownie My Family Story Badge)
- Follow Your Nose Garden Tour (Brownie Senses Badge)
- Girl Scout Way Garden Tour (Brownie GS Way Badge)
- Long Islanders: Celebrating Community (Brownie Celebrating Community Badge)
- Westbury House Artists Tour (Brownie Painting Badge)
- Flower Power (Junior Flowers Badge)
- Girl Gardeners Dig It (Gardener Badge)
- Home Sweet Habitats (Junior Animal Habitat Badge)
- Junior Girl Scout Way (Junior GS Way Badge)
- Animal Helpers (Cadette Animal Helpers Badge)
- Blaze the Trail (Cadette Trailblazing Badge)
- Cadette Girl Scout Way (Cadette GS Way Badge)
- Great Tree Debate Gardens Tour (Cadette Trees Badge)
- Adventures in the Garden (Senior Adventurer Badge)
- Bit by the Travel Bug (Senior Traveler Badge)
- Homegrown Locavore (Senior Locavore Badge)
- Sky Watchers (Senior Sky Badge)
To schedule a program, contact Lisa Reichenberger, firstname.lastname@example.org or 516.333.0048, ext. 338.
Om Tara Yoga Studio
Yoga as a lifestyle is one that aids in bringing peace and balance by means of awareness in action and thought. A regular yoga practice, one that includes asana (poses), breath work and meditation, allows the practitioner to attain a sense of unity between the body, mind and spirit.
- Keep Calm and Yoga On Class (Daisy Respect Myself and Others Petal, Brownie My Best Self Badge, Junior Staying Fit Badge, Cadette Science of Happiness Badge)
To schedule a program, contact Barbara Ludwig at email@example.com.
Puzzle Break (Brownie, Junior, Cadette, Senior and Ambassador)
Puzzle Break Is America’s oldest and most well-known real life escape room facility. Girls can earn patches and badges while solving puzzles and decoding clues; working together to escape themed rooms like a midnight carnival, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and Grimm’s fairytales.
- Puzzle Break (Junior Detective Badge, Cadette Special Agent Badge)
To Schedule a Progam: Call 516.307.0888 or email info@puzzlebreakLI.com
Learn how to use the tools of the trade properly to make quality jewelry using a variety of materials, including Uganda and Ghana fair trade beads, metal and leather.
- Making Jewelry with Small Business Owner, Leigh (Junior Jewelry Badge)
- Leather Wrap Bracelet Class for Cadette, Senior and Ambassador Girl Scouts
To Schedule a Program: Contact Leigh at TaphiaDesigns@gmail.com
Disclaimer: Girl Scouts of Nassau County (GSNC) provides this Program Partner web page as a service to our membership. GSNC is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to, or reliance on any information contained within the program. Links from GSNC’s website to other websites do not constitute an endorsement by GSNC of the parties or their products and services. Program content is based solely on material received from Program Partners.