World Thinking Day 2017
ON FEBRUARY 22 of each year, Girl Scouts and Girl Guides from 146 countries celebrate World Thinking Day (WTD)—that’s one BIG celebration!
The World Thinking Day 2017 theme is “Grow.”
This World Thinking Day, Girl Scouts and Girl Guides will explore, stretch, and take on new challenges—and celebrate what it means to be part of the global sisterhood that is Girl Scouts and Girl Guides. Not sure what fun things girls can do to celebrate World Thinking Day?
Here are earned activities as well as games your Troop can take part in to celebrate Girl Scouts and Girl Guides all over the world.
Here’s what your Troop can earn:
- 2017 World Thinking Day Award
- The World Trefoil Pin
- Juliette Low World Friendship Council Patch
- Global Action Award 2017
Games from around the world:
- Pass the parcel, played in England (hot potato in USA)
- Elephant, Ant, Man, played in Indonesia (rock paper scissors in USA)
- Rayuela, played in Columbia (hop scotch in USA)
- Queimada, played in Brazil (tag in USA)
To purchase your World Thinking Day 2017 patch, please visit the GSNC Shop.