Girls Go the Distance
This year, we have an all new Girls Go the Distance day planned; a Family FunDay! This event is a fun, interactive day for families where participants can compete in both physical and mental challenges to earn patches and prizes.
Girl Scouts: Registered Girl Scouts who will be participating in all challenge station activities will receive the Girls Go the Distance patch, a GSNC giveaway, and may earn three additional patches, based on level of completion. $25.00 per Girl Scout
Tag-Alongs: Non Girl Scout children, three years or older, who are welcome to participate in all challenge station activities to earn prizes based on level of completion. $15.00 per Tag-Along
Adults: Accompanying Adults, who are encouraged to participate in the challenge stations (but will not receive or earn patches/prizes). $10.00 per Adult
Girl Incentives: All Girl Scouts who individually raise:
- $100 (her $25 fee + $75 in sponsorship) will receive a $10 GSNC Shop store credit
- $200 (her $25 fee + $175 in sponsorship) will receive a $10.00 Claire’s gift card and a $10 GSNC Shop store credit
- $300 (her $25 fee + $275 in sponsorship) will receive a $10.00 Shop store credit, a $10.00 Claire’s gift card, and a special “mocktail” reception at Council’s newly-renovated Service Center
- $500 (her $25 fee + $475 in sponsorship) will receive all of the above incentives, in addition to a $50 gift card to the American Girl Store in NYC, OR a Fire HD 6 computer tablet. Start your fundraising.
Accompanying Adult and Tag-Along fees are not considered a donation/sponsorship to the Girl Scout, and do not count toward any individual girl incentives.
Troop Incentives: If a Girl Scout Troop registers as a Team, the Team will receive special incentives available only to registered Girl Scout Troops in the form of a monetary rebate. All Troop income, including participation fees, tag-along fees and all sponsorship raised, will count toward this rebate.
If you raise:
- $100 to $500: Troop receives 10% Give Back
- $501 to $1000: Troop receives 15% Give Back
- $1001+: Troop receives 20% Give Back
The top Troop Team also earns a complimentary program at the Long Island Children’s Museum in Garden City. Start your fundraising.
Where do the funds go
All funds generated from Girls Go the Distance benefit GSNC’s Healthy Living Initiatives to help GSNC develop and provide engaging activities that inspire girls to learn how to integrate all aspects of being healthy physically, emotionally and socially into their daily lives.
How to Volunteer
Senior and Ambassador Girl Scouts and Adult Volunteers, we need your help on the day of the event!
Volunteer for whole event or part of the day. All Senior and Ambassador Girls qualify for service hours. Times Needed: Saturday, April 22, 2017 - Set Up 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM and or/Sunday, April 23, 2017
Event Day: 7:00 am – 2:00 pm (rain or shine).
For anyone interested in volunteering, or for additional event information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.