Take Action! Be a Girl Advocate!
What is a Girl Advocate? Growing up girl is hard. Girl advocates are adults or girls who spread the word about issues like relationships, healthy living, and leadership. They encourage schools, community groups, and government officials to take action against these issues.
Healthy Media for Youth Act
Take action today and send a message to your U.S. Representative and Senator asking them to cosponsor this important bill that impacts all girls.
Girl Scouts’ research tells us that girls are very influenced by what they see in the media, and that it can have a significant impact on their self-esteem, body image, and leadership aspirations.
The Healthy Media for Youth Act would:
* Provide competitive grants for organizations like Girl Scouts, that provide media literacy programming and leadership development that helps empower girls.
* Support research to help us better understand the impact of media on youth development.
* Create a federal task force to develop voluntary recommendations that help the media industry put forward healthy images of women and girls.
Take Action today and send a message to your U.S. Representative and Senators asking them to cosponsor this important resolution in honor of Girl Scouts of the USA!
March 2012-March 2013 is the 100th anniversary year of Girl Scouts USA.
In celebration of 100 years of remarkable programming, research and advocacy, Girl Scouts has worked with introduced a bill to:
* Commend the Girl Scouts for its remarkable national leadership development program that teaches girls to discover themselves and their values, connect with others, and take action to improve their world.
* Recognize the Girl Scouts as a driving force behind research on girl issues related to leadership, health, and STEM (science, engineering, technology and math).
* Celebrate 100 years of Girl Scouts’ leadership and expertise as the voice for and of girls.
Thank you for being a voice for girls!
Advocacy and Critical Issues Coordinator
Read the results of our survey on girl friendships highlighted in Girlfriends Magazine.
We want to be better at all we do. Please tell us if there is a critical issue you would like to see us address,
Take Action Locally and Globally!
If you would like to join us in raising awareness, educating others and advocating for change, you can join our Critical Issues committees for girls and adults. For more information, please contact Eliza Zipper at