At Girl Scouts of Nassau County we offer great employment opportunities. We are always looking for talented, dynamic and creative individuals who embrace the mission and values of Girl Scouts.
If you don't see an employment opportunity listed in your field, please check back again or send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In your cover letter please include why you want to work for the Girl Scouts of Nassau County, the type of position you are looking for and any other relevant information. We will get back to you if we have a potential match.
Girl Scouts of Nassau County is committed to diversity. EOE.
Current Opportunities - click on the opportunity for more information.
The Fund Development Coordinator contributes to the fund development strategies of the Council through such activities as providing support to volunteer committees, executing events, and developing and maintaining records and reports, while consistently maintaining strict confidentiality with donor information.
- Serve as the staff lead in working with volunteers to coordinate the Fund Development events, including but not limited to the Walkathon and Board Driven activities.
- Take the lead in coordinating the Spring Alumni event, and the Honor Circle Tea.
- Serve as liaison between Fund Development and outside areas, ensuring communications are efficient, effective and timely.
- Support the Fund Development Committee through assigned projects, attendance at meetings, and planning and executing sections of the annual Fund Development Plan/Strategic Learning Gap Team Priorities.
- Ensure that the needs of callers and visitors for the Chief Fund Development Officer (both internal and external) are met.
- Maintain accurate Fund Development databases and records, including input, update and retrieval of information and assist staff including the Chief Fund Development Officer, the Grants, Evaluation and
- Research Mgr and other Departments in proper utilization of data.
- Track individual and corporate donors, contributions, participants in special events and other data bases.
- Provide statistical comparisons and reports and assist in analysis of data.
- In cooperation with Finance and Information Technology Departments, maintain Fund Development “acknowledgement system” which may include pledge/payment balances and notifications.
- Coordinate with MVP and Finance staff to ensure accurate recording and dissemination of information internally and externally regarding Family Partnership.
- Assist with special projects of the Council as assigned.
- Bachelor degree or related work experience and fundraising certification preferred
- Experience and training in event planning, fund raising, and/or public relations preferred. Proven experience in creatively crafting persuasive messages to appeal to target audience on a variety of issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Computer literacy, especially MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and database systems and familiarity with current social media tools (e.g. Facebook and Twitter). Proficiency with Excel required.
- Good organizational and follow-through skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills and ability to work with diverse groups of individuals
- Ability to meet deadlines and successfully manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Flexibility in work schedule, weekend and evening work required
- Valid driver’s license and access to a car in order to travel to off-site locations as necessary
- Willingness to wear components of the adult Girl Scout uniform as appropriate
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds, walk moderate distances and/or stand for varying periods of time
- Knowledge and understanding of Girl Scouting a plus
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
Girl Scouts of Nassau County is committed to diversity. EOE.
If interested in applying for this position, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GSNC is looking for part-time, temporary data entry help to provide clerical and data entry services. Successful candidate will work mornings or afternoons, several days a week – we will work with your schedule.
Girl Scouts of Nassau County is committed to diversity. EOE. To apply, send resume with cover letter, including salary requirements to: email@example.com
Volunteer Opportunities at Girl Scouts of Nassau County
Girl Scouts of Nassau County has a diverse array of volunteer opportunities are available for adults ages 18 years and over. Click to view Volunteer Opportunities Available.
About Girl Scouts of Nassau County (GSNC)
Girl Scouts of Nassau County provides a great work environment! We invite you to view our Core Values.
In 2010 GSNC was named one of the 50 best non-profits to work for in the United States, by the Non-Profit Times, the national publication of the non-profit industry. Of the thousands of applicant organizations considered of medium size, Girl Scouts of Nassau County was ranked 15th! GSNC’s core values and competitive benefits, staff empowerment and open-book management, all contribute to the atmosphere of respect, teamwork, and a work culture that attracts and retains the best employees.
GSNC is honored to be named by AARP as one of 50 companies nationwide as a 'Best Employer for Workers Over 50' for 2007. According to AARP, this award is given to "employers that take a world class approach in their policies toward 50 and over workers, and understand that the result is more productive employees." Because GSNC understands the importance of balancing the work/family needs of its employees, its benefits and work environment make it a great place to work for people of all ages.
In late 2007, Girl Scouts of Nassau County was honored to receive the Alfred P. Sloan Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility. We were one of only three companies on Long Island (along with CMP and KPMG) to be chosen for this award from the Families and Work Institute in partnership with The Center for Workforce Preparation (an affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce), and the Twiga Foundation.